APOA DUES INCREASE
As officers we are facing unprecedented times, and we as an organization are having a harder time keeping up with growing demands.
The APOA knows that we must evolve to meet these new challenges and address your growing need for additional benefits and protection.
How much will I pay?
The vote will change dues so that they will fluctuate with the patrol man’s pay. If salaries drop, so will dues. If salaries increase, so will dues.
You will see your dues increase by $18.88 per month, based on the current rates of pay, which is $9.44 a paycheck.
What will we get?
New benefits will include the following:
- PORAC, unlimited criminal/civil defense fund
- Additional legal defense fund, which will help cover some legal costs for actions prior to PORAC
- Public relations, government relations services
- New insurance benefits options, decided by the board
What is PORAC? Why do we need it?
Nation’s largest legal defense fund run by & for peace officers
The fund is a trust that has been serving officers since 1974
Provides unlimited legal defense for
- Criminal- Federal, State and local
Please come out to VOTE at ALL major Substations, the APOA Office and here online between 6am-5pm